Social Protection Specialist
World Bank - Kinshasa, Kinshasa
Offre d'emploi fermée
Social Protection Specialist
<div> Job #: req5664 </div><div> Organization: World Bank </div><div> Sector: Social Protection </div><div> Grade: GF </div><div> Term Duration: 3 years 0 months </div><div> Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment </div><div> Location: Kinshasa,Congo Democratic Republic </div><div> Required Language(s): English, French </div><div> Preferred Language(s): </div><div> Closing Date: 2/11/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC </div> <div> <p> </p>
We are on a mission to change the world; do you want to join us where it matters the most? Invest in your personal and professional development and acquire the skills that are vital for a global career in international development. A role in an FCS (Fragile and Conflict Affected Situations) location will be a truly impactful experience!
Fragility Conflict and Violence: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/fragilityconflictviolence
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
The Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice:
The Social Protection & Jobs (SPJ) Global Practice (GP) delivers operational approaches and evidence-based solutions to help individuals and families manage risk, cope with chronic/transitional poverty, and access better livelihoods and jobs.
World Bank Group Social Protection & Jobs Global Practice: https://socialprotection.org/connect/stakeholders/world-bank-group-social-protection-jobs-global-practice
The World Bank in DRC: https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/drc/overview#1
The World Bank in Republic of Congo: https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/congo
The World Bank in Central African Republic: https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/centralafricanrepublic
The successful candidate would play a critical role in the social protection and jobs engagement in the DRC and be a key member of the DRC team. The successful candidate would focus on the effective implementation of ongoing project and analytical and technical assistance work, while working to broaden the engagement with clients. Prior experience or readiness to work in FCV settings will be essential.
S/he will be a member of the West and Central Africa Unit of the Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice and report to the Practice Manager for the unit. The position will involve frequent interaction with government counterparts and other donor agencies. The position will also require close interaction with colleagues from the CMU, from other GPs, and with colleagues within SPJ and across units of the World Bank.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out responsibilities for a variety of operational tasks, e.g. technical analyses, design of technical assistance interventions, participation in loan negotiations, briefings, etc.
• Participate in SPJ missions and support Task Team Leaders /Co-Task Team Leaders for the operations currently under implementation.
• Provide technical inputs and guidance to counterparts on appropriate scope, technology, costs, etc.
• Prepare terms of reference for project- or sector-related work.
• Support high-level policy dialogue on social protection and social policy, with a focus on social protection system building with key sector ministries as needed.
• Ensure high quality implementation support to the Government implementation team and oversight of risk management issues working with relevant safeguards experts.
• Ensure strong coordination and teamwork within the SPJ program and in particular to liaise across Global Practices to support joint programming and analytical activities to strengthen program delivery in both countries.
• Serve as a core member of the DRC Country Team, providing inputs into strategic country work.
• Graduate degree and minimum of Masters’ level qualification in economics, human development (social protection, education, health), social policy or related sector.
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience in analytical and/or operational work, social protection and jobs, community-driven development, and/or safety nets. Knowledge of the social protection and jobs sector in the DRC is a plus.
• Experience and substantive skills in economic or social protection policy.
• Experience in World Bank operations as demonstrated through being team member for lending operations.
• Experience working with clients to build capacity and engage in dialogue on social protection and service delivery. Previous experience working with social funds is a plus.
• Operational experience in FCV settings.
• Experience in analytical and technical assistance activities designed to support the development and strengthening of social protection and jobs programs.
• Proven ability to carry-out policy-relevant analysis, translate theory into practical applications, and adapt professional knowledge and technical skills to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to policy issues and challenges.
• Knowledge of WB financing instruments and operational procedures.
• Strong engagement and policy dialogue skills with high-level counterparts and other stakeholders; client focused with an ability to provide prompt and high-quality responses.
• Ability to maintain client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
• Ability to advise, influence and promote consensus among different stakeholders.
• Experience in managing diverse and sometimes competing interests and perspectives to arrive at consensus.
Team Leadership, Collaboration, and Inclusion
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
• Proven track record of multi-tasking, managing competing demands and effectively time-manage tasks.
• Proven ability to identify and develop new and creative partnerships with a wide variety of agencies and organizations.
• Ability to work in a collaborative way, delivering cross-support and building relationships around a common goal.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, judgement, team work.
• Evidence of sharing and conveying complex technical issues, in accessible format: written, spoken.
• Native proficiency in French and strong working knowledge in English.
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O.
has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences
and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds
from around the globe.