Strategic Communications & Gender Lead - Proposal
University Research Co. - Kinshasa, Kinshasa
Offre d'emploi fermée
Type de contrat
Délai de candidature
Strategic Communications & Gender Lead - Proposal
Postes à pourvoir
Project Name: Achieving & Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV PCT Services in DRC
Type: Regular/Full Time
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluations Lead
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The CDC-funded Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment Services in the Kinshasa Region of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) project will work to increase population access to comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in order to decrease HIV/AIDS associated morbidity and mortality and contribute to successful epidemic control in the Kinshasa Region of the DRC. The project will focus on expanding existing prevention interventions, including prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and HIV prevention among key populations; care and treatment (C&T), including TB/HIV and sexual and gender-based violence services; HIV laboratory and related diagnostic services; and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and quality improvement (QI) activities.
The Strategic Communications & Gender Lead will have responsibility for ensuring integration of gender into the project. S/he will work closely with and build gender capacity of the project teams and stakeholders in developing gender- and country-specific gender plans of action into the prevention, care, and treatment technical components of the project. S/he will assist with rapid scale-up. S/he will also manage key tasks in the development of communication programs, campaigns, and materials. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to CDC approval.
- Identify high level program objectives for enhancing womens and girls agency and for ensuring women and girls benefit from activities;
- Promote women and youth in leadership positions in project activities;
- Coordinate linkages between community stakeholders and healthcare workers to increase the quality of care and C&T for TB, HIV, and sexual and gender-based violence services;
- Set sex and age disaggregated indicator and targets, as well as gender sensitive targets to track progress toward those goals and measure outcomes and impact of gender interventions;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of all HIV and TB/HIV related activities;
- Work closely with other partners working on HIV and TB/HIV programs including other PEPFAR partners;
- Collaborate with HIV and HIV/TB programs related NGOs/CBOs to facilitate continuity of care and improve HIV and HIV/TB treatment outcomes;
- Support the integration of Gender perspectives in the development of HIV and TB/HIV related Policies and Guidelines;
- Utilizing appropriate platforms and media, provide clear, specific, consistent, and scientifically up-to-date messages about HIV risks and prevention strategies to participants;
- Develop key messages and identify appropriate channels of communications for various audiences;
- Use evaluation and assessment findings to development and implement communications strategies and tactics;
- Promote age-appropriate HIV and TB prevention education;
- Develop press releases and project materials to tackle misperceptions, stigma, and discrimination to break down barriers to HIV prevention, testing, and care;
- Develop and update programs promotional materials, write content and success stories for digital media and print materials;
- Supervise and manage health officers; and
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a college degree in Public Health, International Development, Health Administration, Communications, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in technically designing and managing youth and gender development, research, and programs related to key populations, family planning, and HIV, preferably in West Africa;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing technical contributions to a PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, communications strategies, behavior change interventions, data use, monitoring and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in creative and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making;
- Demonstrated experience in integrating gender into the design and implementation of C&T for HIV and TB/HIV programs and sexual and gender-based violence services;
- Demonstrated experience in integrating gender into the design and implementation of family-centered and community-based HIV and TB/HIV services
- Experience and knowledge of CDC or other international donor policies and procedures and management of donor funding and projects; and
- Fluency in English and French is essential.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Fréquentation des universités
Nom de l'employeur