Project Name: Achieving & Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV PCT Services in DRC
Type: Regular/Full Time
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The CDC-funded Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment Services in the Kinshasa Region of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) project will work to increase population access to comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in order to decrease HIV/AIDS associated morbidity and mortality and contribute to successful epidemic control in the Kinshasa Region of the DRC. The project will focus on expanding existing prevention interventions, including prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and HIV prevention among key populations; care and treatment (C&T), including TB/HIV and sexual and gender-based violence services; HIV laboratory and related diagnostic services; and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and quality improvement (QI) activities.
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring, and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of activities. S/he will serve as the principal institutional liaison to CDC/ATSDR and should be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the USAID/ATSDR Agreement Officers Representative. The project team will work to increase population access to comprehensive HIV/AIDS services, reduce morbidity & mortality, and epidemic control. S/he will build the capacity and ensure rapid-scale up in C&T service delivery. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to CDC approval.
- Ensure compliance with URC and CDC rules, regulations and policies;
- Participate in the evaluation and performance measurement planning process;
- Implement comprehensive facility-based HIV PCT services for the general population and key persons;
- Implement and scale up evidence-based clinical, lab, and community practices;
- Oversee the integration of SGBV interventions in all supported HIV services;
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision to improve data quality and service delivery;
- Overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring, and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of activities;
- Establish (where appropriate) and maintain standard financial operating procedures;
- Oversee staff capacity building;
- Serve as the primary liaison with URC HQ; and
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- A MD or PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field;
- Minimum of ten years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing, and leading large development program involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country;
- A minimum of five years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of similar size and complexity;
- A minimum of three years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of HIV programs with key populations;
- Experience demonstrating organizational capacity to address the requirements in the following areas:
- Capacity in West Africa to ensure VL scale up
- Experience in rapid scale-up in C&T service delivery;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community;
- Experience and knowledge of CDC or other international donor policies and procedures and management of donor funding and projects; and
- Fluency in English and French is essential.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.