PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Learn more at www.path.org.
We seek to recruit a Driver
, based in Kinshasa - DRC, to carry out transportation and vehicle maintenance duties as well as assist with administrative functions. The specific position is funded throught the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Advocacy Partnership Grant, Which supports Human African Tripanozomias (HAT) project. Specific duties include:
Required Skills Required Experience
- Transporting project staff, project counterparts, consultants and other visitors to project sites, workshops/meetings, and various events in and around Kinshasa and Banduville and , as requested.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers by courteously reminding them of safety practices while in the vehicle.
- Performing or scheduling maintenance services and ensuring that project vehicles are clean and in proper working order.
- Following up with vehicle maintenance regulations and licenses, and making recommendations to the Senior Administration Officer for necessary actions.
- Reporting suspected vehicle malfunctions or issues.
- Ensuring that vehicles have adequate fuel at all times, using office account.
- Maintaining the vehicle/drivers log book.
- Updating all vehicle documents and checking vehicle insurance..
This position does not attract international terms and conditions . The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment. Applicants considered for this position are to be DRC nationals. This position is based in Kinshasa. Candidates outside of Kinshasa will be responsible for their relocation expenses. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early. PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with International NGO/organization
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with automobile maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and Kikongo
- Self-motivated, courteous, and humble individual
- Proven ability to work under pressure and availability to work outside of normal business hours, as required
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and proven ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French; English desired