Title: Digital Health Intern
Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Program: Digital Health
Start Date: March 1st, 2020
End Date: August 1st, 2020 start and end dates can be flexible
Estimated number of hours per week: 24, flexible
Will the intern be receiving a stipend?: Yes
Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for IT interns in our Kinshasa offices to support the Digital Health portfolio.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
The Digital Health (DH) interns will work with the Digital Health Technical Advisor and the Digital Health Focal Point to provide technical support to the Minister of Health (MoH) in the development of digital transformation strategy and define requirements to operationalize the strategy.
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
The intern will gain an understanding of how PATH works as an organization as well as knowledge of the Digital Health space. Supporting the MoH with development of digital transformation strategy will also provide an opportunity to learn more about DH best practices and provide experience with project management and implementation.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Enrolled in a graduate level program and have at least one additional term before completing a degree. Preferred areas of study include: Public Health, IT and/or international development
- Familiarity with data visualization concepts and/or systems preferred
- Experience with the MS Office suite required
- Ability to calendar and assist with meeting coordination
- SharePoint and Box experience highly desirable
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Better understanding of how global organizations such as of PATH function.
- Understanding of the Digital Health landscape, implementation and project life-cycle, tool and manual development.
PATH does not provide relocation assistance for internships. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in DRC. All PATH internships are eligible for school credit. Please refer to your university's process for credit eligibility. Must be enrolled in an academic program for the duration of the internship. PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Provide technical support to the Minister of Health in the development of digital transformation strategy and define requirements to operationalize the strategy
- Evaluate available, emerging, and supportable technologies appropriate to the unique situations faced by MoH and local facilities.
- Aid the partners such as the National Emergency Operation Center in analyzing and visualizing data points, which may include creating dashboards for data presentation, providing feedback on conceptualization of data, and analysis of raw data utilizing quantitative and qualitative data analysis measures
Required Skills Required Experience