Offre d'emploi fermée
MSH seeks candidates for the position of Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) for an anticipated 5-year, DRC Bednet Distribution Project, projected to be awarded on or by March 31, 2020.
The Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) leads and oversees the monitoring and evaluation component of the project, coordinating monitoring and evaluation and systems development and ensuring reliable data collection and timely and high quality reporting products, and related activities. The Senior Manager, M&E ensures the smooth operation and quality performance of technical efforts and field activities by coordinating programmatic reporting, quality of data management and information. S/he is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a plan to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness, and disseminate results of the project’s activities. S/he identifies and addresses issues related to the activity performance monitoring. The M&E Senior Manager will maintain a strong relationship with the USAID Mission Monitoring Mechanism and collaborate with the activity Impact Evaluation mechanism as identified. S/he ensures adherence to monitoring of project activities using developed tools and indicators. In collaboration with the Chief of Party and technical staff at all levels, the Senior Manager, M&E, ensures that the quality of implementation, recording and reporting of project activities is maintained.
This position is contingent upon award and funding.
1. Design and implement the project’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system to generate timely and accurate information for project counterparts at all levels, and for USAID.
2. Submit project reports on the schedule required by USAID, in coordination with the Chief of Party and other project staff.
3. Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions. Make these available to managers at all levels of the health system to gather, analyze, report and solve problems related to human resources.
4. Contribute substantively to the project’s Knowledge Management system for identifying, disseminating and applying/validating promising project practices and oversee staff in this area.
5. Develop and implement a strategy for participating in working groups, meetings, and other fora on M&E for system strengthening.
6. Develop and monitor the project’s PMP to document systematically, project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
7. Provide M&E training and on-going assistance to local implementing partners to ensure quality data collection, transmittal, analysis, use of data for decision-making and timely report writing.
8. Evaluate results achieved by the program and its partners against agreed upon targets and track overall progress in achieving the program goals and performance targets.
9. Capture lessons learned from mainstreaming and scaling up best practices.
10. Oversee pertinent implementation research activities.
11. Supervise and build capacity of the project M&E staff.
1. Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, or related field with focus on Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and/or Biostatistics.
2. At least ten years’ experience of donor reporting system, impact evaluations, research design and implementation, development work, and evaluation methodology development/implementation.
3. Must have proven experience with international development applications, specifically District Health Management Information Software System (DHIS 2). Experience should include providing technical guidance, programming and system architecture expertise to meet project requirements, capacity building and ability to translate complex technological concepts to non-technical audience, systems architecture, documentation, deployment, and reporting.
4. Must have worked at least seven years at a similar capacity, including experience putting in place performance monitoring system and mentoring project staff on its use to ensure good quality of performance data.
5. At least seven years hand-on-experience at a senior position in M&E with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
6. Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems three years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
7. Excellent interpersonal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
8. Familiarity with USG reporting systems, including but not limited to PMI and PEPFAR reporting systems required.
9. Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and French.
10. Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and relevant statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi Info, etc.
11. Ability to work independently and take initiative.
12. Ability and willingness to work and travel within DRC, with previous work experience in DRC a plus.