The Finance Associate I is responsible for assisting the financial operations of Ipas ́ DRC country office, and providing general accounting and office support including: contract monitoring, purchasing and supply, processing and compilation of appropriate source documents for financial reporting, data entry and disbursement of payments, and other areas as needed. The Finance Associate I is responsible for the processing of financial documents, entering data into financial software, and preparing timely and accurate financial statements and reports.
- Drafts and monitors/follows-up on grants, subcontracts and service agreements
- Provides finance related technical assistance to Ipas DRC Subgrantees when preparing their financial reports and ensuring that all supportive documentation to expenses are within Ipas standards.
- Maintains Ipas’ fixed and all assets register and keeps track of incoming & outgoing assets
- Ensures that all supportive documentation required for any payment are in order and properly organized.
- Completes payment request forms, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Analyzes travel expense reports (TERs), reviews and organizes subcontracts/grants financial documents, and follows up with staff to file their staff advances and hotel prepayments.
- Maintains a “good received” and “stick control” documentation for all purchased goods and conducts stock.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Reconcile the caisses, bank and analyze the costs;
- Analyze internal management flows according to procedures
- Make the monthly forecast of payments before submitting finance;
- Ensure tax calendar and filing of returns;
- Verification and control of the entries or accounting on all accounting documents;
- Ensure the history of financial resources until assigned.
- Collaborates with Finance Advisor on a daily basis to ensure that all documentation is complete, accurate and in compliance with standards and procedures
- Supports Finance Manager on the execution of assigned tasks and duties and reports progress on a weekly basis
- Reports to the Finance Manager in reference to workflow, deadlines, reports, and policies
- Manages relationships with external entities including vendors and outside consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years relevant experience in basic financial procedures
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in French, conversant in English
- Working knowledge of one or more accounting software packages, including Quickbooks and Excel
- Working knowledge of purchasing and supply procedures