Why Join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us. Summary of Job
IntraHealth seeks a Full Stack Developer to join the Digital Health team to support the development of the next versions of our various digital health products including iHRIS, GOFR, and mCSD. Future projects of these three products are listed below under functions. S/he will be working with a team of developers and program implementers based in various locations around the globe. The Senior Full Stack Developer reports to the Assistant Director of Digital Health. Essential Functions Projects
Other day to day duties
- GOFR: the emerging Global Open Facility Registry for health system facilities that we’re developing now in PHP. We will be developing new modules and functionality throughout 2019.
- Mobile Care Services Discovery (mCSD) is a new profile published by Integrating the Health Enterprise (IHE) that is currently in Trial Implementation. We are developing a reference implementation of this profile using Node.JS and MongoDB to support the required FHIR resources and interactions.
- Partners with engineers, designers, and program staff to manage the full software development process, including requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, deployment, bug fixes, site improvements, and enhancements.
- Responsible for writing efficient code using current web technologies like Vue.JS, Node.JS, and PHP
- Conducts source code reviews to assure quality and functionality and optimize site code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Mentors, coaches, and supports junior developers to build high-quality Open Source software that interoperates with other software using Open Standards
- Master’s degree Computer Science, Computer Science or related degree and at least 8 years of relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Of the years of experience required above, there must be a minimum of 5 years of experience in front and back-end web development AND with 3 years supervising and mentoring junior developers.
- A passion for coding and building complex web applications using modern web technologies like Vue.JS, Node.JS, PHP, and at least one other programming language (Java, Python, C, C++, Go).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data exchange standards like FHIR
- Fluent with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks
- Capable of deploying and maintaining software on Linux servers and cloud platforms
- Awareness of the user experience with software that is used under poor or unreliable network conditions with asynchronous processing
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to details
- Strong English language communication skills, both verbal and written, with stakeholders and partners
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Proven ability to work with a distributed team located across multiple time zone
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Experience with packaging for Debian or CentOS
- Knowledge of HL7 FHIR
- Experience with OpenID Connect and/or Oauth2
- Competence in written and verbal French language
- Experience living and working in developing countries
Summary of Benefits
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 30% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be anequal opportunity employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about“Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1