Energy and Power Expert for USAID DRC Power Sector Reform Project
Congo (Democratic Republic of)
Consultant Home Office and Kinshasa, DRC
ECODIT is seeking an Energy and Power Sector Expert to provide technical assistance to the DRC Power Sector Reform (DRC PSR) project, which was established to support the implementation of reform of the DRC power sector, as envisioned in the new Law on Electricity. The project’s activities in the DRC power sector are focused on: (a) Tariff calculation and evaluation framework development; (b) developing power sector policy and legal instruments, and; (c) transaction advisory services for implementation of selected power projects.
The Energy and Power Expert will act as an advisor by assisting the DRC PSR with drafting regulations to reform the power sector, and by drafting tariff frameworks that are necessary for sector management by regulators. This position will involve trips to the project office in Kinshasa to meet with stakeholders and participate in workshops. Specifically, the Energy and Power Expert will: Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and revise energy legislation and liaising with key stakeholders to discuss and receive their input on the texts;
- Advise government officials and stakeholders on energy public policy development, sector reform, regulatory framework development, applying knowledge of international best practice;
- Support the implementation of energy sector policy including sector planning, strategy development, tariff frameworks, and financial and economic analysis in the energy sector;
- Prepare, attend, and lead discussions in stakeholder workshops to review legal texts to be validated; and
- Provide technical assistance to establish and support ARE and ANSER.
- Master’s degree in international development, law, energy, or a related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in advising government officials and utilities on energy policy and drafting legal texts;
- Technical knowledge and/or legal knowledge and experience in issues related to energy legislation and policies in developing countries, including generation, transmission and distribution concessions, renewable energy, private sector investments, rural electrification, energy grids, tariffs, and sector reform;
- An aptitude for producing clear, concise, and engaging written content that responds to the client’s parameters under tight deadlines and page limits;
- Prior experience in Africa is a plus;
- Fluency in French is required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 24 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries [CPCs] and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com.