Digital Security Specialist DRC
Counterpart International, Inc. - Kinshasa, Kinshasa
Offre d'emploi fermée
Counterpart is seeking a full time consultant to provide dedicated support and mentoring to organizations and activists to help them address their information security needs in Democratic Republic of the Congo. Hold preexisting relationships and experience with trusted parties within the civil society community. Possess strong technical background in information technology and a firm understanding of internet security issues, including familiarity with methods of encryption for data during storage and transmission, circumvention of censorship, patch management, business continuity principles, social media security/privacy, mobile device security, and secure web hosting.
- The Digital Security Specialist, will provide technical assessment, guidance, training, mentoring, and support on information security issues and related topics to local partners;
- Travel up to 30% of time to support local partners;
- In partnership with the Regional Digital Security Manager, develop a regional strategy and action plan based upon the program’s global work plan;
- Ensure that partners learn, internalize, use, and propagate appropriate information security practices;
- Disseminate knowledge on information security and potential uses of new technologies;
- Train local counterparts about information security;
- Stay-up-to-date on new technologies and emerging trends and issues related to information security;
- Participate in conferences, trainings, and other events as needed;
- Develop Training of Trainers cadre within CSO community.
Existing, trust-based relationships with a wide array of stakeholders working for civil society organizations, human rights organizations, and independent media. Most of the activities related to project will be focused on Mozambique so understanding of the political situation, context, and existing cybersecurity threats is needed.
- At least 3 years of experience in information security, digital security principles, and safe computing practices;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Solid understanding of Internet’s building blocks (DNS, SSL, IP, etc.);
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as experience developing solid professional relationships;
- Broad training experience;
- Willingness to travel;
- Familiar with both commercial and open source digital security tools;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities.
This is a full time consultancy.