Reports to the Mine Maintenance Superintendent.
The Technical Advisor will provide oversight assistance in the workshop &/or Field as required to assist the Manager, Superintendent & Supervisors to ensure the safety of the workforce in the first instance. Followed by, developing and implementing world class maintenance strategies and Procedures to ensure equipment is maintained at a high level of availability and safety standards. Essential Functions
- Assist, oversee and train mechanics in the proper methods of Auto Electrical & Air conditioning preventative maintenance, troubleshooting & repairs.
- Develop strategies and systems for the mobile equipment to meet rebuild life at lowest cost and highest availability.
- Implement Product improvement strategies to extend equipment life through a rebuild program.
- Promote and apply “Constant improvement” methods to the fleet strategies.
- Assist the planning and scheduling of maintenance work for all equipment fleets.
- Assist in the management of maintenance workshops to include safety program warehousing and personnel issues.
- Control costs and look for ways to reduce costs for the fleet.
- Liaise with the equipment OEM’s to ensure equipment is maintained to standards and issues are resolved.
- Identify & communicate to management programs that advance mechanic’s knowledge and skills.
- Oversee workshop & in field repairs with national electricians and air-conditioning technicians.
- Work with operations to advance operator skill levels through timely feedback on issues found relating to electrical and air-conditioning components.
- Performs other duties as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Competencies
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
Work is in a mine or processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
CMOC Overseas Recruiting Ltd ("CORe") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
CORE has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within CORe which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within CORe which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their CORe job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel). Physical Demands
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- CORe promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Laws
This is a full-time position. Travel
International travel of up to 20% is expected for this position.