The Senior Mine Engineer, under general supervision, supports all facets of mine planning (short- and long-range), design work, scheduling, reserves compliance, optimization, operational implementation, production data capture, and other projects associated with the mine plan. Essential Functions
- Contributes to site strategic planning, scheduling, design, and budgeting efforts using software such as Minesight, MSSO, Atlas, etc., to meet corporate objectives.
- Technical work may include ultimate pit designs, pit phase designs, dumping designs and schedules, budget mine plans, haulage analysis, and any other tasks as needed.
- Ensures the weekly and monthly plans are compliant with production schedules and plans, as well as reviews or develops 12-month and 3-month rolling plans to meet overall targets.
- Conducts financial, economic, and cost analyses leading to capital funding requests and equipment purchases.
- Actively seeks optimization opportunities from baseline inputs from the reserves team.
- Works with all teams at site to ensure timely and safe implementation of mine plan, including capital projects and development.
- Applies industry best practices and knowledge of industry developments to analyze trends and lead improvements.
- Internal auditing of safe adherence to mine plans and procedures.
- Carries out all tasks independently or under limited supervision.
- Develops, trains, and mentors National employees.
- Perform other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, and have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
Work is in a mine or processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
CMOC Overseas Recruiting Ltd ("CORe") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
CORE has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within CORe which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within CORe which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their CORe job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- CORe promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Laws
This is a full-time position. Travel
International travel of up to 5% is expected for this position.