(Position is based in the town of Fungurume) Summary
Under general supervision, oversee slope stability management functions including pit slope, stockpile stability and serve as resource for geotechnical information and analysis. Essential Functions
- Overall property slope management functions for pit slopes, and stockpiles.
- Manage and provide geotechnical and slope stability project oversight and review relating to outside consultants, pit slope water control, structural geology, design slope angles and interfacing with mine design and planning.
- Manage and review slope stability data collection, analysis and remedial work including slope monitoring data processing, rock strength parameters, geologic structures, slope control blast designs, and slope angel reviews.
- Communicate accurate, timely and relevant slope stability and geotechnical information to mine and site personnel.
- Manage, conduct and communicate the results of inspections of pit walls, stockpiles and site access roads.
- Proactively seek improvements to the safe mining of mine reserves relating to slope monitoring, slope maintenance, slope and catch bench designs, blasting, geotechnical data acquisition and analyses.
- Develop, maintain and implement strategic plans to enhance the mine’s slope stability program.
- May represent the site on company sponsored steering teams related to geotechnical or mine slope stability efforts.
- Usage of appropriate software (MS Office, AutoCAD) and Geotechnical data analysis, Hexagons MineSight, Canary, IDS, GroundProbe, Slope-W, RocFall, GeoMoss, etc.
- Support Rock Engineering monitoring equipment and alarming systems. Manage maintenance intervals, complete system inspections, review monitoring levels and systems are functioning, provide call out support in the event that a system does alarm.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide mentoring to national workforce; including professionals and laborers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Competencies
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
This position has supervisory responsibilities of national employees. Work Environment
Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
Work is in a mine or processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
CMOC Overseas Recruiting Ltd ("CORe") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
CORE has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within CORe which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within CORe which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their CORe job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- CORe promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Laws
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel
International travel of up to 20% is expected for this position.