(Position is based in the town of Fungurume) Summary
The Senior Geologist Modeler under general supervision supports all facets of resource evaluation, including data management, geological interpretation, 3D modeling and grade estimation and resources validation Essential Functions
- Integrates and interprets all geological and mineralogical data into internally consistent three-dimensional solids, surface, cross sections and level plans.
- Works with a team of geologists in the completion of geological block models that meet corporate modeling standards.
- Performs statistical and geostatistical evaluations of drill-hole data.Performs grade interpolation, utilizing various geostatistical techniques.
- Develops coding methodology, including re-logging (if needed), manages the entry of geological (rock type, alteration, structure, ore types), assay and mineralogical data into database.
- Prepares, updates and manages drill hole databases for resource models.
- Routinely validates database for accuracy.
- Works with and provides support to the Resource Audit Team in their audits of resource models.
- Delivers guidance on planning models and reconciliation
- Provides coaching and mentoring of Geologist I and II to develop their skills.
- Performs other duties as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
Position involves work to be predominantly executed in rural areas of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Resources can be limited, so the candidate must be a self-starter, have good personal organization skills for managing activities across multiple sites and in challenging circumstances
Work is in a mine or processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to thirty (30) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
CMOC Overseas Recruiting Ltd ("CORe") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
CORE has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
Positions within CORe which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
Positions within CORe which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their CORe job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel). Physical Demands
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- CORe promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Laws